India boasts of a well-developed air travel network. In a vast country like India air-travel is the swiftest mode of transportation to reach from one end to another. There is good air connection to nearly all corners of India.
Almost all the states have one or more airports, which are regularly serviced by several airlines. There are a number of international airports, which also serve as domestic airport too. Others are only domestic airports.
Airports in India
Number of full-fledged Airports in India total up to nearly 92, out of which 12 are international airports. Most of the airports are equipped with state of the art facilities. There are good arrangements for signaling, landing, waiting lounge etc. many of the airports are going under modernization very soon.
International Airports in India
A large number of international airlines including the Government owned airlines like Air India & Indian Airlines connect India from major foreign countries to India. Of late Jet Airways & Air Sahara has started international operation to destinations like Singapore, London, New York.
Here is the list of international airports in India:
- Indira Gandhi International Airport, New Delhi
- Chhatrapati Shivaji International Airport Mumbai, Maharashtra
- Bangalore International Airport Bangalore, Karnataka
- Netaji Subhash Chandra Bose International Airport Kolkata, West Bengal
- Lokpriya Gopinath Bordoloi International Airport Guwahati, Assam
- Sardar Vallabhbhai Patel International Airport Ahmedabad, Gujarat
- Chennai International Airport, Chennai
- Hyderabad Airport Hyderabad, Andhra Pradesh
- Goa Airport Vasco Da Gama, Goa
- Amritsar International Airport Amritsar, Punjab
- Cochin International Airport Cochin, Kerala
- Trivandrum International Airport Thiruvananthapuram, Kerala
Domestic Airports in India
An extensive network of nearly 80 domestic airports (a few of them are not operational at the moment) connects the major cities in India. Air travel is the most convenient way to cover a large country like India.
The recent phenomenon of introduction of low cost airlines in India created a stir in the travel scenario of India. They offer a faster and easier travel within India easier without burning a hole in your pocket.
Last Updated on 7/03/2012
blog comments powered by Disqus