- Pearls: Pearls of Hyderabad are the most famous all over India and the world.
- Silver Filigiri: extremely intricate designs on polished silver demanding great patience and craftsmanship
- Banjara Mirror Work: mirror work done by the local Banjara gypsies on clothes and other cloth products
- Aatar: Exotic perfumes of Hyderabad are world famous
- Fabric: Himroo, Ikat, Uppada, Mangalagiri sarees are distinguished fabrics of Andhra Pradesh Hand-woven carpets are also available with exotic designs
- Kalamkari: Pen-painted fabric from Machilipatnam embellished with mythological depictions on clothing
- Bidri : Art of inlaying silver on black metal originally from Bidar (now in Karnataka)
- Nirmal Toys: Brightly coloured life like replicas of vegetables, fruits, animals, dolls carved out from locally available soft wood
The colourful bazaars along the streets or the swanky shopping malls make shopping in Andhra Pradesh a delightful experience. Governments Emporia and the private shops abound in Hyderabad and other cities.
In Hydearabad Laad Bazaar and Shilparamam, The Arts & Crafts Village are popular shopping joints, which houses a number of shops.
HOW TO REACH ANDHRA PRADESH _ TOURIST PLACES IN ANDHRA PRADESH _
HOTELS IN ANDHRA PRADESH
blog comments powered by Disqus